This picturesque puzzle for people with early-stage dementia and MCI (mild cognitive impairment) features a beautiful tropical island that will evoke memories of special times on exotic holidays.
100-piece puzzles for dementia
The Relish 100-piece puzzle for dementia is a brilliant activity for families and friends to spend time doing together. Designed to delight people in the early stages of dementia, idyllic scenes are chosen to conjure happy memories and inspire the kind of conversation that sparks instant smiles. When completed the puzzle is 37.5cm x 30cm in size, the largest in our puzzle collection.
Every detail is carefully considered to help people with dementia complete the puzzle; high contrast colours for visibility and unique details on individual jigsaw pieces give the perfect prompts. The chunky puzzle pieces are roughly 3.5cm wide and the picture is printed inside the puzzle box with fun prompts to spark conversation. Unlike our 13, 35 and 63-piece puzzles, the 100-piece puzzle is designed to be assembled outside of the box and enjoyed as a group activity (though if you're up for the challenge, then have a go on your own!).
Benefits of puzzles for dementia
Jigsaw puzzles are a favourite pastime for all generations, and for people with dementia or Alzheimer’s, they can be especially beneficial to wellbeing. Apart from being a fun and engaging activity to enjoy with family and friends, completing puzzles can gently exercise the brain, benefit visual perception and provide a sense of satisfaction and pride when it's completed.
- Puzzle pieces: 100
- Puzzle piece size: Each piece is approximately 3.5cm in width
- Puzzle size when completed: 37.5cm x 30cm
- Material: strong, responsibly sourced cardboard
- Large puzzle pieces for easy handling
- High contrast colours benefit visual perception
- Conversation prompts included inside the box
- Cognitive benefits - exercises both sides of the brain
- Encourages social participation
- Idyllic scenery stimulate memories
- Easy jigsaw puzzle for seniors