How It Works
Created especially for people living with dementia, the puzzle depicts the quaint island of Burano which is a small boat journey from Venice.
63-piece puzzles for dementia
With beautiful imagery featuring more details than our 13 and 35-piece puzzles, our 63-piece puzzle collection takes the challenge up a level. Designed to delight people in the early stages of dementia, each scene is chosen to stimulate memories and inspire conversations upon completion.
Every detail is carefully considered, from high contrast colours to aid visibility, and unique details on each piece to prompt users. The chunky puzzle pieces are larger than standard puzzles, at approximately 3.5cm wide on average to aid dexterity. The box is designed to assist and encourage individuals to complete the puzzle independently; it perfectly frames the assembled puzzle and features the final image printed on the inside lid.
Benefits of puzzles for dementia
Jigsaw puzzles are a favourite pastime for young and old, and for people with dementia or Alzheimer’s, they can be especially beneficial. Apart from being a fun and engaging activity to enjoy with family and friends, completing puzzles can gently exercise the brain, benefit visual perception and provide a sense of satisfaction and pride upon completion.
Number of puzzle pieces: 63
- Puzzle piece size: Each piece is approximately 3.5cm in width
- Total puzzle size: 31cm x 22cm
- Material: strong, responsibly sourced cardboard
- Box material: cardboard
- Large puzzle pieces for easy handling
- Box designed to frame the assembled puzzle
- High contrast colours to aid visual impairment
- Conversation prompts included inside the box
- Cognitive benefits - exercises both sides of the brain
- Encourages social participation
- Iconic scenes stimulate memories
- Easy jigsaw puzzle for seniors